At present, Blue Eagle Academic Services offers two training courses for university faculties, departments, schools, or research groups.
- Academic Writing Toolkit: This half-day session helps PhD students become aware of the common problems encountered in academic writing. It provides a foundation that can be used during the dissertation and beyond, encouraging students to consider the impact of clear communication throughout their academic career.
- Demystifying EPSRC Peer Review: This course introduces participants to the process an EPSRC grant proposal goes through from submission to decision. It highlights important aspects that applicants may be unaware of and explores commonly held myths about the peer review process.
Courses can be combined with one-to-one sessions to gain a fresh perspective on written work: journal or conference publications, job applications, grant proposals, and even PowerPoint presentations can be discussed in 30-60 minute sessions following each course.
BESPOKE AND FUTURE COURSES
- “The course reminded me what is the best practice of writing and ways of communicating as clear as possible. Tappers and Listeners was a great example.”
- “It was a mixture of structure, planning, style, checking and motivation. I have been to other courses and they focus on one or two and it isn’t definitive. So it is effective in doing all in four hours and then a person can look into whatever they feel the need to focus on after.”
- “The toolbox supplied by this course is extensive and helps you to develop really good habits regarding time-management, proofreading and feedback.”
- “I liked all the ideas for improving my writing. Also the helpful tips on getting started with writing as I find that the most difficult part.”
- “Useful advice, directly applicable examples of common mistakes, guidance on many different tasks. It was comprehensive – I cannot think of anything that wasn’t touched upon.”
(c) 2020 Elaine Massung // Blue Eagle Academic Services // email@example.com